These are blog posts that are more like self-contained articles helpful for either newbie triathletes, advanced triathletes looking for comparisons, or for myself to re-read to remind myself of something.
- Triathlon bikes 101.
- Riding Los Angeles to San Diego
- Cervelo P3C test ride
- Specialized Transition Comp test ride
- Predator Cycling custom frame fit
- Orbea Ordu test ride
- Kuota Kalibur TT test ride
- Jamis Xenith T1 test ride
- Ocean swimming tips
- 2009 Boise 70.3
- 2009 Oceanside 70.3
- 2009 Desert International Distance
- 2008 Malibu Sprint Triathlon
- 2008 LA Triathlon Olympic distance
- 2008 Santa Barbara Long Course
- 2008 Boise 70.3
The nickname “Beef” has a story behind it (as all nicknames should). My wife had looked into a butcher delivery service because she knows I enjoy meat. She signed me up on their website as “Beef Miller” so we’d know the origin of junk mail originating from that mailing list (her pseudonym is the rather Teutonic “Girlof House”). Soon after they actually showed up at our apartment, in person, coincidentally while a friend was housesitting. The meat sales guy kept earnestly asking for Beef Miller, and my very confused friend said, “I think you mean Max. There’s no one named BEEF here.” Well, now there is.